This article is sponsored by Tilray, a Licensed Producer of medical cannabis in Canada. Operating out of a 60,000 square foot facility in Nanaimo, British Columbia, Tilray produces and ships hand-trimmed, quality-controlled medical cannabis to patients across Canada.
For Canadian medical marijuana patients, trying to maneuver through Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations can be a little tricky, but here are three simple steps to find a Licensed Producer for your medical cannabis needs and to acquire the medicine you’re legally prescribed.
Step 1: Find a Licensed Producer
Review the list of Canada’s Licensed Producers to find one that works for you. When perusing the list, keep the following tips in mind:
Do some research on Leafly.
What are your medical symptoms? What conditions would you like to treat? Check out Leafly’s Strain Explorer and use our specialized filters to find the right strain for you. Whatever your preference or needs, there’s a strain for that!
Check the LPs’ menus to see which strains they’re carrying.
Each LP offers a variety of strains, so check out their menu to see which products they carry and if they have a strain that’s best for you.
Note the price difference between strains.
Keep in mind that the price per strain per gram varies between each LP and certain, highly-in-demand strains may be priced higher than others.
Read the LP reviews from other patients.
You can read about the quality of medication, timeliness of delivery, and consistency before making your decision.
Step 2: Register With a Licensed Producer
To register with a Licensed Producer, you need to acquire a medical document from your health care practitioner. This document must include the following information:
- The name and date of birth of the patient
- The daily recommended quantity of dried cannabis to be used per day (expressed in grams)
- The period of use for cannabis (not to exceed one year)
- The address of the location where the patient consulted with the health care practitioner
- The health practitioner’s name, profession, business address, and phone number, as well as a fax number and email address (if applicable)
- The province that the health care practitioner is authorized to practice in
- The health care practitioner’s license number
- The health care practitioner’s dated signature, together with an attestation by the health care practitioner that the information in the document is correct and complete
Submit the completed and signed document directly to the Licensed Producer (Do not submit the form to Health Canada), along with a patient registration form (which you can obtain directly from the LP you choose).
Step 3: Place Your Order With the LP, Sit Back, Relax, and Wait for Your Medication to Arrive
Once your medical document has been verified and you’ve been approved as a valid medical cannabis patient, Licensed Producers like Tilray will send the cannabis strains you select directly to your doorstep, so you don’t even have to leave your house. Talk about convenient!
If you’re a legal medical marijuana patient and want to sign up with Tilray, contact them today: