If you’re tired of the stereotypical Valentine’s Day dinner date, this list of unconventional, cannabis-friendly date ideas is for you! Don’t forget, you don’t have to celebrate Valentine’s Day on February 14th. You can pick a different date and celebrate when there are fewer crowds and less overall commercialism. That’s the best part of being a grown up – you get to make your own rules!
Mild dates are great for new relationships, for people who are more shy or introverted, and for those with a limited budget. Moderate dates are more active and get you out of the house doing interesting activities together. And wild dates include some sexy times to get you away from your typical sexual routine. Without further ado…
4/20-Friendly Dating: Mild Ideas
- Plan an elaborate in-home dining experience. You might choose to make a small sampling of each of your favorite foods and then have a picnic in your living room, or get more elaborate and make a multi-course infused meal. Go pro and pair specific cannabis strains with each food or course to enhance the flavor and help you both feel relaxed and connected.
- Have a Skype/FaceTime/Google Hangouts date. Maybe you live long distance, or maybe you’re in a non-monogamous relationship and your partner is spending V-Day with another lover. Dress up like you’re going out and then get on video chat together! Pair this date with a nice balanced hybrid that’s not overly chatty but allows you to feel more grounded and connected. I like OG Kush for virtual dates.
4/20-Friendly Dating: Moderate Ideas
- Attend a sexuality workshop together. Stores all over the country offer free or low-cost workshops, or you can take one online! Passionate U offers paid (but inexpensive) video content taught by some fantastic sex educators. Let each person pick a topic that they want to learn about, and watch it together. Afterward, talk about what you each liked and how you see that new knowledge impacting your relationship. Sharing a joint or puffing on a vape pen beforehand will help you loosen up and think outside the box.
- Couples ganja yoga. Ideally you’d live close enough to San Francisco to attend Dee Dussault’s tantra-inspired yoga class. It’s BYO bud, so choose something that will help relax your body and quiet your mind so you can be fully present. If you can’t attend a class in person due to proximity, do it at home! There are plenty of videos on YouTube showing basic couples yoga poses.
- Volunteer, go to a protest, or otherwise do activist work. In trying times, people can feel powerless. Using the “day of love” as a way to tie together your passion for one another and your commitment to the kinds of social change – such as cannabis legalization – that you want to see in the world can be a powerfully unifying experience. Additionally, meeting other like-minded folks can make you feel like you’re part of something bigger.
4/20-Friendly Dating: Wild Ideas
- DIY chocolate body paint. Painting swirls or loving (perhaps naughty) words on your partner’s body with chocolate and then licking it off? Yes, please! Begin by laying down a large sheet or old blanket. This will get messy! Buy new small paintbrushes and melt the chocolate of your choice with a bit of coconut oil (cannabis-infused, if you like) and place in a metal bowl inside a small crock pot to keep it warm and flowing. Take turns painting one another or have a full-on chocolate battle! Be careful not to get chocolate anywhere near the vulva – sugar and vulvas do not mix. Afterward, hit the showers to clean up any remaining chocolate. Pair this with a fun and playful strain like Bubblegum Kush.
- Have a virtual threesome. This is for the especially adventurous. Together with your partner, get onto a webcam model website. Some examples are MyFreeCams and Streamate. Essentially, you pay someone with a webcam to perform in some way – either with a show, or some kind of specific interaction. Here’s where it gets fun. Instead of watching the model perform, you can ask them to tell you and your partner what to do to each other. I spoke a friend who is a cam model and she said that she gets this request with surprising frequency. She coaches couples through kissing and foreplay and then usually they go off on their own. This can be a fun way to bring another person into the mix in a way that feels safe even for a monogamous relationship. Enjoying an edible beforehand will help loosen you up and heighten the physical pleasure of the experience.
What are some of your favorite marijuana-friendly date ideas? We’d love to hear how you’re going to make this Valentine’s Day one to remember!