There’s nothing quite like the joy that is a perfect peanut butter cookie. Cannabis consumers appreciate the beauty of rich, nutty, sugary goodness as much as anyone – and perhaps far more so when the cookie is infused.
These cookies are everything an exceptional peanut butter cookie should be: soft, sweet, salty, decadent – and medicated. You’ll hardly notice the flavor of the THC, but you’ll feel its effects soon enough. Enjoy!
The Perfect Cannabis-Infused Peanut Butter Cookies
Yield: 24 cookies
½ C cannabutter
1 C crunchy peanut butter
2 T shortening
2 t vanilla
1 C flour
½ C sugar
½ C brown sugar
½ t baking soda
½ t baking powder
½ t sea salt
Additional sea salt and white sugar to finish
Optional: ½ C bacon bits (and in case you want to kick up the potency, we’ll just leave this infused bacon recipe here)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease two baking sheets and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat cannabutter, shortening, peanut butter, egg and vanilla together until thoroughly combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a little at a time with a wooden spoon until fully incorporated. Add the bacon bits at this time, if using.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoonful onto the greased baking sheet. Using a fork with long tines, press each dough ball twice with the fork to flatten, creating a cross pattern on the top of each cookie. Sprinkle a mixture of one part sea salt and two parts sugar lightly over the tops of the cookies.
- Bake about 10-12 minutes, or until the cookie tops begin to crack. Do not overbake. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
Note: The amount of cannabis oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabis oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.