High Times, founded in 1974 and covering cannabis culture ever since, has a truly classic cannabis brownie recipe. These brownies are no frills and easy to make, and result in the perfect basic low-dosage edible for beginners. But is it the best cannabis-infused brownie we've ever made?
High Times’ Classic Cannabis Brownies
Yield: One 9” x 9” pan.
1 C all-purpose flour
¼ C unsweetened cocoa
½ tsp baking powder
¼ C cannabutter
¼ tsp salt
5 oz semi-sweet chocolate
1 ½ Tbsp light corn syrup
1 C light brown sugar
1 Tbsp applesauce
4 egg whites
2 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9” x 9” baking pan and set aside.
- Combine corn syrup, applesauce, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Slowly add your egg whites and cannabutter to your wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add all remaining dry ingredients and fold into the batter.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the greased baking pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Plate and enjoy.
Source: High Times
Disclaimer: Cannabis edibles should always be prepared and consumed with care. Know your tolerance, start slow, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Image Source: Sara Dilley