Best Pot Brownies: The Cannabist’s “Next-Level” Triple Chocolate Recipe
When we went searching for the best pot brownie
out there, we wanted to hear what The Cannabist had to say. The Denver Post’s cannabis division represents a new school of cannabis journalism, and the creator of this recipe boasts nearly 30 years of recipe development experience. We love these brownies because when topped with white chocolate, hazelnuts, fresh blueberries, raspberries and whipped cream, they’re absolutely delicious and anything but boring.
The Cannabist’s Triple Chocolate Pot Brownies
Yield: One 9” x 13” pan.
4 oz chocolate squares, unsweetened
½ C cannabutter
¼ C unsalted butter
2 C white sugar
¼ C unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp vanilla
½ tsp almond extract
1 C all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
⅔ C hazelnuts, chopped
⅔ C white chocolate, chopped
2 C sweetened whipped cream
1 C raspberries
1 C blueberries
- Heat oven to 350˚F.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butters.
- Stir in the sugar and cocoa. Add the eggs and the extracts and combine well. Stir in the flour and salt.
- Spread the thick batter as evenly as possible in a greased and parchment-covered 9” x 13” pan.
- Top with the nuts and white chocolate.
- Bake until set, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve topped with the fruit and whipped cream.
Source: The Cannabist
Note: The amount of cannabis butter specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabutter and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here
to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Image Source: Sara Dilley