Infuse Your Thanksgiving Leftovers: Cobb Salad With Canna-Oil VinaigretteSara DilleyNovember 19, 2015
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon cannaoil*
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups leftover shredded turkey
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
1 large avocado
2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
6 cups of romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
2 cups of watercress, stems removed
- First, make the dressing. Mince the garlic using a microplane into a small bowl. Mix thyme, mustard, lemon juice, and vinegar together, then add in the remaining olive oil and cannaoil. Mix until well combined, then set aside.
- Mix the lettuces in a large bowl and mix with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Arrange down the middle of a large serving platter or bowl.
- Toss the leftover shredded turkey with 2 tablespoons of dressing. Place on the platter in a separate section to the lettuce.
- Add salt and pepper to the chopped eggs and toss with 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Place in a section next to the turkey and lettuce.
- Slide the avocado, season, and place in a separate section next to the other ingredients. Do the same with the cherry tomatoes.
- Place the blue cheese crumbles in a small section on their own.
- Drizzle entire salad with remaining dressing.
- Serve, encouraging all guests to get a good cross-portion of ingredients.
Note: The amount of cannabis oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabis oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Check out our other cannabis-infused recipes designed to use up some of your Thanksgiving leftovers!