We all know that cannabis can bring psychoactive effects, especially heady sensations that can impact your state of being. Here are three quick and easy activities to try the next time you pick up a mind-motivating strain
. All you'll need is a few household items, your favorite mind-altering strain, and maybe a friend to laugh along with you. Enjoy!
Step 1: Pick a Cannabis Strain That Motivates the Mind
Click through for an expanded list of cannabis strains that help motivate your mind
Step 2: Create the Sound of Cathedral Bells Using a Clothes Hanger
- A plain ordinary wire coat hanger
- Two lengths of string or thread, about 18 inches long
- Take the coat hanger, tie two lengths of string or thread to the hanger, and spread the strings apart.
- With your index fingers, hold the free ends of the strings to the little flaps at the front of your ear canals and push to seal.
- Next, lean over so the coat hanger is swinging freely.
- Either have someone gently tap the coat hanger with a pencil or a similar object, or gently swing your body so the coat hanger hits a hard object, such as the edge of a table.
- You’re the only one in the world who’s hearing what you hear!
Step 3: Walk Around the House Looking Down into a Hand Mirror
This one sounds absurd, but in reality…okay, it's pretty absurd. But bear with me, it's fun!
- A small mirror or hand mirror, about six inches across
- Hold the mirror under your nose and direct your vision down into the mirror. You should see the ceiling's reflection.
- Carefully (and slowly) walk around your home.
- You’ll find it nearly impossible not to “step over” archways and ceiling fixtures!
Step 4: Create a Simple "Rubber Hand" Illusion
- A fake hand; if you don't have one, a kitchen or painter's glove that's gently inflated and sealed at the wrist will suffice
- A visual barrier (for example, a file holder, briefcase, etc.)
- Two small paint brushes
- A friend or someone to aid in the demonstration
- Set your visual barrier on a tabletop.
- Place the fake hand on the right side of the barrier, directly in front of you. <
- Place your left hand on the left side of the barrier, out of sight.
- Rest your right hand in your lap.
- Fix your gaze on the fake hand.
- Have your friend take one brush and gently stroke your left hand with it. Simultaneously, have him or her use the exact same stroke with the other brush, but on the fake hand. The motions need to be identical and simultaneous.
- After a minute or so, no matter how you try to convince yourself it can’t be happening, you will begin to “feel” the touch in the fake hand. In fact, if your friend asks you to point to the hand being touched by the brush, odds are you’ll point to the fake hand!
Got any other fun and easy activities to try during a cannabis sesh? Share them in the comments!