Recipe: The Perfect Cannabis-Infused Fall ChiliHannah MeadowsOctober 30, 2017
Recipe inspired by Lavender & Macarons.
Hearty Cannabis-Infused Chili
Start to finish: 1 hour 35 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Approximate dosage: 25mg THC per serving*
- 1 pound turkey breast meat, ground
- 1 pound turkey thigh meat, ground
- 2 cans (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) pinto beans
- 1 can (14 ounces) white beans
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cannabis-infused Not So Virgin Olive Oil (or make your own with our recipe)
- Shredded cheese, sliced avocado, sour cream, chives, red onions, and tortilla chips (optional, for topping)
- Heat one tablespoon of infused olive oil in a large pot. Add onion, garlic, jalapeño, and green peppers and cook on medium for eight to ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of infused olive oil in a separate pan. Add turkey and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid evaporates and the meat is fully cooked.
- Add meat, beans, and tomatoes, tomato paste and all spices, seasonings, and sugar to the pot. Add the chicken broth and salt to taste. Stir thoroughly and cover.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for one hour. If the chili becomes too thick, add additional chicken broth to reach desired texture.
- Top as desired and enjoy!
*25mg THC per serving is the approximate dose if using the Not So Virgin Olive Oil; dosage may vary widely if you use a different product or homemade oil.
**Note: The amount of infused oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.