Recipes: 4 Cannabis-Infused Treats for Your 21+ Halloween PartyHannah MeadowsOctober 26, 2017
Disclaimer: These treats are not intended for children and should only make an appearance at 21+ Halloween celebrations. Keep little hands away from edibles with this lockable edibles storage box or small child-proof storage containers, and always label cannabis-infused foods so adults don’t make a mistake, either.
Chilled Apple Cider with CBD Simple Syrup
Start to finish: 1 hour 20 minutes (active: 20 minutes)
Yields: 12 eight-ounce servings
Approximate dosage: 10mg CBD per serving
- 2 quarts apple cider, divided
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons honey-ginger CBD simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 can (12 ounces) orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 quart ginger ale, chilled
- Skull ice molds (optional, for an extra-creepy touch)
- In a large pot, combine one cup of cider, sugar, infused syrup, cinnamon, and allspice over medium heat. Cook, stirring continuously, until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Add orange juice concentrate and remaining apple cider. Refrigerate for one hour, or until cold.
- Before serving, stir in ginger ale. Serve chilled over ice.
Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds With Cannabis-Infused Olive Oil
Roasted pumpkin seeds are a fall classic, especially if the seeds came from your very own carved jack-o-lantern. Add a bit of spice and infused oil for an easy, elevating, low-dose snack. Recipe inspired by Taste of Home.
Start to finish: 55 minutes
Yields: 8 quarter-cup servings
Approximate dosage: 1.25mg THC per serving*
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons cannabis-infused cooking oil (buy a product like Olive Oil from Cook Your Own Cannabis, or make your own using our recipe)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon hot sauce (we recommend Frank’s RedHot)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with oil, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce.
- Combine salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, and cayenne, sprinkle over seeds, and toss to coat.
- Lightly grease a foil-lined 9”x13” pan. Evenly spread pumpkin seeds in pan and bake uncovered at 250° for 45–50 minutes or until dry and lightly browned. Stir every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and enjoy!
*Note: 1.25mg THC per serving is the approximate dose using the Cook Your Own Cannabis Olive Oil. Dosages may vary depending on different or preferred infused cooking oils.
Caramel Coconut Apples With Cannabis-Infused Chocolate
With coconut and infused chocolate, these caramel apple skewers provide a sweet take on a classic treat (without having to go door to door).
Start to finish: 30 minutes
Yields: 36 dipped apple slices
Approximate dosage: 5mg THC per slice*
- 1 bag caramels
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 6 green apples
- 2 cups chocolate chips (any kind), melted
- 1 bag coconut flakes
- 1 bar cannabis-infused chocolate (we recommend the Milk Chocolate Bar by Kiva Confections, available in California)
- Medium-length wooden skewers
- Parchment paper
- Colored icing in green, purple, white, or orange (optional)
- Cover one cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread coconut flakes over large plate.
- Combine caramels and milk in a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until caramels are melted and smooth, stirring often. Remove from heat and let stand for five minutes.
- Skewer apples whole and dip in caramel. While still sticky, roll apples in coconut flakes and place on cookie sheet.
- Once all apples are covered, place in fridge until caramel is firm.
- Remove apples from fridge, core apples, and slice each one into six equal pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate chips and your infused chocolate bar. Heat for thirty seconds at a time, stopping to stir until chocolate is melted completely.
- Skewer each individual apple slice and dip in melted chocolate. Place on a fresh sheet of parchment paper and let cool.
- Add lines of icing over apple skewers to create different Halloween-inspired designs and colors.
*Note: 5mg THC per serving is the approximate dose using the Kiva Confections Milk Chocolate Bar in this recipe. Dosages may vary depending on the potency of the infused chocolate used.
“Bloody” Raspberry Coffin Brownies With Cannabutter
What’s a Halloween celebration without a little kitsch? These infused coffin-shaped brownies will complement your ghostly theme and keep your guests coming back for more. (Recipe closely inspired by our very own “Sam’s Mom’s Brownies” recipe.)
Start to finish: 40–50 minutes
Yields: 18 brownies
Approximate dosage: 40mg per brownie**
- 1 ⅛ cups cannabutter
- ½ cup 70% dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups caster or baker’s sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plain flour
- ¼ cup Dutch cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 coffin shell brownie pans
- Colored icing, gummy worms, cookie crumbles, or assorted Halloween candies (optional, for decorating)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease brownie pans.
- Heat the cannabutter in a saucepan over low heat. When half-melted, add the chocolate and stir with a wooden spoon until the butter and chocolate are completely melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until mixture is shiny. Stir in vanilla.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared tin and top with raspberries. Bake for 15–20 minutes and remove before brownies become fully set (do not overcook).
- Remove from oven and cool completely in the tin, then refrigerate. Once cold, remove from tin and cut into rectangles.
Add ghoulish icing designs, gummy worms, cookie crumbles, and candies to create a decorative brownie graveyard.
**Note: The amounts of cannabis butter and homemade cooking oil specified in our recipes are very loose suggestions; the actual amounts you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabutter or oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.