Recipe: How to Make Cannabis-Infused Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
Let’s face it, everyone is bringing a bottle of wine to the holiday party. Be the one to spruce it up a bit with a batch of freshly baked, homemade medicated fluffy chocolate chip walnut cookies.
There’s no better way to utilize that batch of cannabutter
you’ve been saving than for a sweet after party treat to share between you and your friends. This recipe is quick, super easy, and bursting with flavor goodness.
Start to finish: 45 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
Approximate dosage: 10mg THC per cookie
- 1/2 cup cold/chilled 160mg cannabutter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed firmly
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cold/chilled egg
- 2.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 heaping tsp salt (not iodized)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 2 Tbsp sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Incorporate cannabis-infused butters and sugars together either by using a stand mixer, a bowl with a hand blender, or a spatula.
- Mix in vanilla extract and egg only until ingredients are incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Combine dry ingredients in 2 batches, mixing to incorporate each time.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts (and sprinkles if desired), folding everything in lightly with a spatula.
- Using an ice cream scooper, form 16 dough balls and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. (For a less potent cookie, make 24 smaller dough balls.)
- Place cookies in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Bake on the center of the oven rack for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown and fluffy.
- Cool on a rack 15-20 minutes before serving.
Note: The amount of cannabis butter specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabutter and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here
to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Lifestyle Recipe: How to Make Canna-Mint Haystack Treats
Lifestyle What's the Ultimate Pot Brownie Recipe?
Lifestyle Recipe: Infused Peanut Butter Cookies