Recipe: How to Make Cannabis-Infused Nacho ‘Cheese’
Everyone loves nacho cheese, but it’s not exactly the healthiest snack option out there. As the year winds down and you lament the seemingly endless expansion of your waistline, try whipping up a batch of this “Next Level Nacho Cheese” for your holiday party.
This is no ordinary nacho cheese — the recipe uses a cornucopia of seasonal favorites like potatoes, garlic, and carrots, combined with nutritional yeast and cannabis-infused oil
to create a vegan, gluten-free snacking experience that is truly next level!
Recipe for Infused Nacho ‘Cheese’
Start to finish: (active: 20 minutes)
Yields: 2-4 servings
Approximate dosage: 40mg per serving*
- 2 cups organic potatoes peeled, boiled, and mashed
- 3/4 cups organic carrots, peeled, chopped, and boiled
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/3 cup cannabis-infused extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped garlic
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes and carrots until tender, drain and cool.
- Add boiled and cooled veggies to blender or food processor.
- Place remaining ingredients in the blender or food processor
- Blend on high until mixture is completely smooth (about 30-45 seconds)
- Pour mixture into a pan and slowly reheat over low setting on the stove (stirring constantly), or use a crock pot on low setting.
- Serve immediately. Pairs great with tortilla chips, baked potatoes, or sliced veggies. Refrigerate leftovers (if you have any!) in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Note: The amount of cannabis oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabis oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here
to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Photo credit: HandmadePictures/iStock
Lifestyle Recipe: Cannabis Pesto Pizza
Lifestyle Gourmet-ify These Stoner Snacks to Satisfy Your Munchies
Lifestyle Recipe: Infused Chipotle-Avocado Mac & Cheese