Recipe: Cannabis-Infused Goat Cheese and Asparagus Frittata
Start to finish: 30 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons canna-butter or canna-oil*
- ⅓ pound asparagus, cut in pieces
- 4 strips cooked bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3 scallions, cut in pieces
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Heat oven to 340˚F
- In an 8- to 9-inch ovenproof sauté pan, heat the olive oil along with your infused butter or oil. Add the asparagus and sauté on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the cooked bacon and scallions and sauté for an additional minute.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan. Tilt pan so the egg mixture will cover the vegetables. Drop pieces of goat cheese over the eggs.
- When you see the edges are set, place the pan in the oven. Bake until there is no cooked egg visible, about 7-9 minutes. If you want the top browned, place under the broiler for a minute or two.
- Allow to rest a few minutes before slicing wedges.
*Note: The amounts of cannabis oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabis oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here
to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Lead image: Courtesy of Bruce Wolf