Recipe: Infused Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
There’s nothing quite like the comforting taste of chewy, homemade cookies right out of the oven—except, perhaps, a bit of cannabis to complement the enticing flavors. Bake these infused sweets with chunks of rich chocolate, creamy peanut butter, and a dash of sea salt for a delicious twist on the classic chocolate-chip cookie.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Sea Salt
Start to finish: 2 hours 30 minutes (active: 30 minutes)
Yields: 12 cookies
Approximate dosage: 10mg THC per cookie*
- ½ cup (or about 120mg worth, depending on your butter’s potency) of cannabutter, melted*
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg plus 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- Flake sea salt, for topping
- 2 cookie sheets
- Parchment paper
- In a large bowl, beat the cannabutter, peanut butter, sugar, and salt with an electric mixer. When a fluffy consistency is reached, beat in the egg yolk.
- When the egg yolk is well blended, add the other egg and the vanilla and continue beating until well combined.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour and beat only until doughy. Stir in the chocolate chunks and mix until well distributed.
- Divide the dough in half, and cover each half with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper. Remove dough from the refrigerator and divide into small, evenly-sized balls by rolling (we recommend covering your hands in flour to avoid sticking). Dough portion size should be a little smaller than a golf ball.
- Place dough on parchment paper about 2–3 inches apart. Flatten dough balls to about ¼ inch thick with your hand or using a flour-covered glass jar base. Sprinkle each with sea salt.
- Bake cookies until golden brown, usually about 7–9 minutes, rotating each sheet’s oven position halfway through baking. After baking, remove cookies immediately to cooling rack and allow to cool. Enjoy!
*Note: The amount of cannabis butter specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabutter and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis or alcohol.