Shopping List: What to Buy at California’s Epic ‘Local Sesh’ This WeekendEd MurrietaAugust 15, 2018
The event is called Local Sesh and it’ll be a phenomenal place for anyone age 21 and over with valid ID to swoop on cannabis flowers, extracts and edibles. Many products are locally sourced from within 100 miles of the Sonoma County Fairgrounds. Topping local cred with a charitable cherry, it’s free to veterans, seniors and the disabled — plus a portion of Local Sesh’s taxed-and-regulated proceeds benefit local wildfires relief. Here’s a guide to local and non-local brands to purchase, consume and enjoy with Saturday’s hip-hop line-up and Sunday’s reggae bands in Wine Country Saturday and Sunday.
Beginner Picks for Local Sesh
Brand: Humboldt Sky
- Why? Organic outdoor and greenhouse flower from the most famous county in the famed Emerald Triangle. Humboldt Sky’s Berry White’s a big beauty. Looking for CBD? Meet Ringo’s Gift.
Brand: Fruit Slabs
- Why? It’s like a vegan fruit roll-up but with a tightly dosed 100 milligrams of THC. Just take one bite. Look for OG Mango, Mango Maui Wowie and Tropical Haze flavors at the booth for distributor The Cohong Group.
Wellness Shopper Picks for Local Sesh
Brand: KB Pure Essentials
- Why? The San Diego company makes CBD massage oils, sunscreen, deodorant and beauty products.
- Why? Try the Southern California company’s clear and neutral THC syrup that turns any beverage into a cannabis beverage.
Medical Shopper Picks for Local Sesh
Brand: OutCo Collective
- Why? Vertical, organic and scientific are three buzzwords you’ll hear about OutCo, a San Diego cultivator known for high-terpene flowers. New in stock, Stardawg by 710Labs.
Brand: Seed Vault of California
- Why? Grow your own at 1/50th the cost with straight magic beans. They carry Symbiotic, Bodhi, CSI Humboldt and new Dosidos crosses.
Aficionado Picks for Local Sesh
Brand: Gas House
- Why? When July 1 testing standards kicked in, most brands were crying. But Gas House has been mashing it down with Gelato, Forbidden Fruit, and Mendo Breath. Found at distributor The Cohong Group booth.
Brand: Autumn Brands
- Why? GG#1, Blueberry Cookies and Lemon Cake are two of the more attractive strains bred in Carpinteria, near Santa Barbara.
Brand: Terp Preservation Society
- Why? Future-forward, terpene-rich extracts called “sauce” can be source through this elite, award-winning manufacturer. distributor The Cohong Group booth
Brand: Heavy Hitters
- Why? Cold-filtered extraction makes Heavy Hitters concentrates and vape oils potent and delicious.
Gelato (Sunset Sherbert X Thin Mint GSC)
Dispensaries Near Local Sesh
Since Sonoma County is agriculturally and geographically the southern fourth leg of the Emerald Triangle, you might be looking for a really local strain. Local Sesh allows you to bring your own cannabis — enough for personal use and casual sharing. For totally local tokes, hit:
- Sonoma Patient Group — Get high-CBD Flow Kana Harmony Rose
- Santa Rosa’s SPARC for Animal Cookies by Kings Garden
- Organicann for Green Shock’s Outdoor Storyteller
Going to Local Sesh Details:
- When: Saturday Aug. 18-19; Saturday 2 p.m. – 10 p.m.; Sunday 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Where: Sonoma County Fairgrounds
- How much: $20/day. Free to vets, seniors and disabled.
- Ages: 21+
- Headliners: Smoke Deville, Hirie, Dizzy Wright, Keak Da Sneak, Clear Conscience …
- Attractions: DJs, workshops, live painting, art gallery, chair and table massages, etc.,
- Contact: www.localsesh.com