Spring is in full swing and summer is right around the corner, and for many cannabis enthusiasts, that means your favorite outdoor concerts and shows are starting to pop up. Part of enjoying the spirit of legalization means owning your role in breaking down stigmas and creating safe spaces for everyone around you. So, before you slather on your sunscreen and bust out your favorite concert tee in anticipation of upcoming shows like ILoveMakonnen in Boulder, Colorado, on May 12th, keep the following tips in mind so you can support the cannabis movement instead of perpetuating negative stigmas surrounding marijuana:
1. Be Nice to Event Staff
Event staff works hard to make sure you’re having a good time. Give them the respect and patience they deserve. Thank them for their contributions and follow their instructions with a reasonable attitude (don't get belligerent or rude).
2. Follow Venue Smoking Policies
It’s simple: if you’re not supposed to smoke inside or on the venue's premises, don’t. Most venues have dedicated smoking areas, so help out fellow fans who choose not to partake and care for their air.
3. Know the Local Area’s Cannabis Laws
Cover your bases and make sure you’re not putting yourself and others in jeopardy by illegally consuming in the wrong place at the wrong time. Brush up on your state's cannabis laws to make sure you're complying with legal guidelines.
4. Don’t Drive Under the Influence
The night doesn’t end when the music stops — you still have to get home! Make sure that you’re consuming responsibly and staying within your limits if you choose to drive; otherwise, find alternate modes of transportation to ensure you get home safely.
5. Follow the Golden Rule: Respect
When you arrive, soak up the good vibes and pay it forward. Everyone chooses to go to a show to have fun and enjoy music as a group. Share the love with your fellow concert goers, be decent towards each other, and respect one another's boundaries.
Enter to Win a VIP Meet & Greet with ILoveMakonnen
Interested in attending ILoveMakonnen's show? You can enter to win a VIP meet and greet with ILoveMakonnen, including time with the artist in the Dab Bus! Here are the event details:
- You must be at least 21 years old to enter to win
- Purchase a VIP ticket package by Monday, May 11 at 4:20 pm and you'll be automatically entered to win
- Winners will join ILoveMakonnen on the Dab Bus for an exclusive ride to and from Karing Kind, Boulder's first fully licensed recreational cannabis dispensary
- Winners will also receive VIP treatment and discounted products at Karing Kind
- Enjoy the show with ILoveMakonnen Tuesday, May 12 at the Fox Theatre!
If you're planning to join ILoveMakonnen at the Fox Theatre or for his pre-concert ride in the Dab Bus, be sure you do the following:
- Know Colorado’s cannabis laws
- Do not drive while under the influence of cannabis and/or alcohol
- If you choose to dab, make sure you brush up on your dabbing basics so you can consume safely and responsibly
Remember, It comes down to YOU to show others how brilliant the community can be. As we fight to prove our stake through fact and transparency, we must acknowledge that a single individual’s actions, for better or worse, speak for us all. That’s why we ask fans to act responsibly, so we can continue to own the personal freedom to enjoy marijuana OUR way. #JustSayKnow
See Leafly's contest rules here. Sponsored by AMOnly. Additional details can be found here. Copyright © 2015 Leafly, All rights reserved.