Cannabis Product: Sweet Amber Cannasugar (available in California)
Apple Pumpkin Canna-Muffins
- 2 ½ cups Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 ¼ cups canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup Sweet Amber Cannasugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grease a muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray, and pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, combine cannasugar and all dry ingredients.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Using either a standing or handheld mixer, slowly blend the dry and wet ingredients together, then add the diced and peeled apple pieces and blend thoroughly.
- Make the topping by combining all of the ingredients together in a bowl and mix until butter chunks have broken down to pea-sized pieces.
- Fill muffin tray with batter almost to the top of each cup, leaving a little room, and sprinkle the topping on top.
- Bake for 20–24 minutes; a toothpick should come out clean when stuck into the muffins. Allow to cool, remove muffins from tin, and enjoy!
Header image: bhofack2/iStock