Cannabis Product: GanjaEats Maple Syrup (available in California)
Baked Apple Donuts With Maple-Cannabis Glaze
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 ¼ cup applesauce, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons GanjaEats Maple Syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon maple flavoring
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350˚F. Grease two donut trays (enough for 12 donuts total).
- In a large bowl, combine applesauce, eggs, and sugar. Give these a light mix, then slowly add the orange juice, flour, baking powder, apple pie spice, vanilla, and salt. Blend well, then add the coconut oil and give it another good stir.
- Scoop the batter carefully into each donut pan, spreading the batter evenly. Put trays in oven and bake for 15–18 minutes, until golden in color. A toothpick should come out clean when poked into the donut. Allow to cool slightly, then remove donuts from tray and set them aside on a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
- While the donuts bake, combine the infused maple syrup, powdered sugar, heavy cream, maple flavoring, and salt to make the glaze. Mix well until you reach a creamy consistency.
- Once donuts are completely cooled, dip the top of each one into the glaze, coating them evenly. Return to rack glaze-side up and allow to set.
- Once glaze is set, the donuts are ready. Enjoy while they’re fresh!
Header image: (CowlickCreative/iStock)