Autumn is mushroom season! Everywhere you look, you’ll see mushrooms bursting out of the ground, usually amongst a scattering of pine needles. When the farmer’s markets are overflowing too, this dreamy, creamy infused mushroom soup is the perfect way to enjoy them.
Cannabis Product: Evergreen Organix Cannabutter
(available in Nevada and California)
Marijuana Mushroom Soup
- 16 ounces sliced Shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced dry onions
- ½ cup Evergreen Organix Cannabutter, divided
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 ½ cups half-and-half
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Begin by melting half of the cannabutter in a large sauce pan. Stir in the sliced Shiitake mushrooms and garlic salt; cook until the mushrooms are tender, then drain and set the mixture aside.
- In another large sauce pan, melt the remaining cannabutter. Add the flour and combine, cooking for one minute.
- Slowly add the heavy cream and half-and-half, stirring to combine. Add minced onions, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir well and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for two minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the mushrooms to the soup, and stir well. Serve and enjoy!
Header image: FoodieMedia/iStock