I stopped by my local Northampton, MA new Trulieve store location today on my way home from work. This is my second visit. Both of my visits have been different, but pleasant and enjoyable. Today, I was assisted by a nice woman in the Foyer, but (1st criticism) the acoustics in that room are awful, especially for someone wearing hearing aids, like myself. But it's the echo, combined with all the COVID shielding and masking. I know this cannot be helped, just putting it out there that on Senior Sundays, there might be more than a few folks who find hearing what is being said from the clerk behind the shield VERY difficult-(even inexpensive indoor/outdoor carpeting would help this). Dennison helped me today, but I also had a good conversation with Josh, with whom I shared some of these comments with in person. I do have a slightly more vested interest in how this store is being operated as a stock holder, as well as a shopping medical patient, and longtime cannabis enthusiast. The staff seems to be fairly educated regarding strain effects and differences, were able to look information up quickly and check on availability in a quick and friendly fashion. The Boutique look and feel were welcome, as was the carpeting inside, definitely quieting the echo instantly. Please think about some type of more durable, inexpensive, easy to clean carpet for your entrance! Nice overall selection of products and quality vape carts from Muse, Siri Naturals-Entourage, and Rhythm. Great prices relative to the neighborhood dispensaries, Netacare and INSA. Some of the promotions have been BY FAR better than any of the other dispensaries. For example: my first visit at Trulieve was to take advantage of a promotion offering buy two vape carts, get two free!! ANY TYPE OR SIZE. I bought four full 1g carts, all different strains for the price of two that day. The best deal anywhere else around here until this one was at INSA, but their deal was two 1g carts for $170, a whopping savings of $30 whole dollars! WooHoo! Trulieve sold my four 1g quality carts for $160! think about that. If enough folks start to spend their money here, other dispensaries may follow suit with lower prices which would benefit everyone, well, almost everyone :-) Overall, give this place a whirl. I do not think you will be disappointed. Here are a roundup of areas for improvement:
1. Address the sound issue in the front of this store (and anymore like it)
2. Find a place that has better curb appeal and doesn't look like a startup behind buds motorcycles or whatever.
3. EXPAND your strain offerings ASAP
4. Consider analyzing sales of various products and especially strains of vape carts and ALWAYS carry a large stock of what I will call "The staples," or the carts that the most folks seem to keep coming back for. If you don't know this already, then you haven't been doing this. I think it will increase sales for you. I go to INSA specifically to get a 1g vape cart of Clementine (S), tied with Jack Herer as my favorite daytime strain of all. They ALWAYS have .5g and 1g carts of it available. Today, I stopped to get a new favorite just discovered at my first visit to this store and low and behold you didn't have any in stock, even though it showed online that you did, and Dennison in the store said that the computer showed that Northampton had 30 in the vault, but in reality there were none to be had in the vault or in the back. Not good :-(
5. The biggest criticism I can render is where it belongs the most: the website and who you get when you call Trulieve. I want to be able to talk to Dennison, or Josh, or Sarah or an employee of my local store, not a frickin call center in Florida! I don't want some lady working from home with a headset and a laptop who refers to me endlessly as "Honey" looking up on her computer what I can already see for myself for the most part. She tells me what I already found on my own.
6. The promotions I get are fantastic! I think they have been so awesome, in part, because I just discovered TONIGHT that, somehow, my account had a Palm Beach dispensary showing as my default! That explains, in part, how some of the promos that I get in email are not really available to me here in MA. How annoying!
7. The MA stores need to be unhinged from FLORIDA! People want personal, LOCAL people to help them and to answer their phone calls. Make it personal. No one wants to reach a best buy call center and get put into a wait queue to find out if a strain is available at their local store.
8. Somehow, you need to advertise MORE so people around here want to come in! I do know already that some folks in this area don't like the Florida base to the company. There are a lot of liberals, democrats, and moderate independent and republican voters in this area who might be thinking about your huge base in Florida and not necessarily want to be indirectly funding money to a certain party that seems dominant there for obvious reasons. Didn't want to go there, but all variables need to be considered in business, especially when you guys are up against the first dispensary east of the mississippi, Netacare, and the huge presence and customer base that INSA has carved out here in the valley, along with other, smaller, custom shops, like 253Farmacy!
Hey, you wanted a review. Here you are. See you guys soon. I like Trulieve and as a stock holder I really want to see you guys succeed. So far, I like what you have to offer. However, unless some of what I wrote above isn't addressed, I will likely find my way more and more to the other dispensaries around here again as I really like their offerings too. Don't forget about RISE over in Amherst either!