So what sort of items might you find in a budtender’s possession? Here are a few conceivable opportunities the budtender’s bag is prepared for, and you can too with the right gear.
- 16 oz Nalgene bottle: Water/staying hydrated is a must. It improves your complexion, overall health, and abates dry mouth.
- Mr. Moxie’s Mints (sativa): Fresh breath and cannabis use don’t have to be in competition with each other. Stay fresh, stay elevated.
- Tile: Keeping track of all my bits and bobs can be a challenge after a quality session or amidst the hustle and bustle of fast-paced city living. Tile is a Bluetooth tracker that syncs with an app on my smartphone. It’s much harder to lose my keys when I can ping them from 150 feet away.
- Timbuk 2 Sunshine (medium): This messenger bag is waterproof, durable, and fits everything I need.
- Magic Flight Box: Being a healthful cannabis enthusiast is getting easier all the time. The Magic Flight Box is a portable vaporizer that allows me to a take a snapper incognito without generating smoke or too much smell.
- Pioneer Nugget’s Snoop’s Dream: This is easily one of my favorite strains. Master Kush and Blue Dream work synergistically in Snoop’s Dream to create a heady buzz that allows for focus (in small doses), while Master Kush drapes the body in an aura that can only be described as “chill.”
- Vashon Velvet tin, spliff rolling materials, including card grinder: Building the perfect bag means that some items need to be multi-use. The Vashon Velvet tin is a container to hold nearly all my paraphernalia. The lid also fits the grinder card perfectly, creating a small receptacle to hold the freshly grated cannabis to be used in my spliff.
- Sunglasses and eye drops: The weather is so beautiful this time of year that it blinds me. My sunglasses are not only a means to shade my eyes, they also work as a cloak of invisibility as I stride confidently through crowds of pedestrians while high. The eye drops perform admirably in situations where sunglasses are not appropriate.
- Stanley flask: This is a natural accoutrement to any whisky lover’s bag. The thing about whisky is that it serves as mouthwash, can sterilize wounds, and is a token of celebration to share amongst friends and acquaintances.
- Beanie and lip balm: The weather can change at any moment in the Pacific Northwest, which is why it’s important to have the necessary coverings and salves to combat the elements. Another use for the beanie is as a container, to conceal items in a makeshift padded package as you navigate from point to point.
Being prepared as a product of being resourceful could be the budtender’s motto, but truly it works for everyone. My father always told me that there is no substitute for preparation and that a quality outing can be made with the aid of some simple foresight.
Chime in and share your must-have on-the-go cannabis items!