Industrial Hemp-Derived CBD: What’s There to Know?
This article is sponsored by PlusCBD Oil, a product line from CV Sciences (formerly CannaVest). CV Sciences is one of the leading suppliers and manufacturers of agricultural hemp-derived CBD bulk and finished products.
As CBD’s medicinal qualities continue to make waves across the country, more states are starting to look into limited medical marijuana legalization laws so their residents can get access to CBD products to treat their debilitating medical conditions. If a patient is unlucky enough to live in a state with no laws in place or no legal access to CBD products, he or she may feel as if there’s no viable alternative that can provide the same relief.
Here’s where hemp-derived CBD products come in. There’s been much debate suggesting that CBD derived from industrial hemp has the same properties as cannabis-derived CBD, making it a potential alternative for patients who can’t legally access medical marijuana but can legally acquire hemp-derived CBD products. A lot of people aren’t entirely familiar with hemp-derived CBD, however. What exactly is there to know?
Some Facts About Industrial Hemp-Derived CBD
Here are a few facts about CBD derived from industrial hemp:
- Agricultural hemp and medical marijuana both come from the Cannabis Sativa L. plant.
- Agricultural hemp, which is often referred to as “hemp stalk,” grows differently than THC-containing cannabis, and looks similar to bamboo.
- THC-producing marijuana plants are grown to an average of five feet in height, spaced six to eight feet apart. Agricultural hemp is grown to a height of 10 to 15 feet or more before harvest, placed three to six inches apart.
- Hemp has little potential to produce high-content THC when pollinated.
- As long as agricultural hemp plants are pollinated by members of their own crop, the genetics will remain similar with low levels of THC.
- There is a strong legal argument that production and distribution of CBD oils/products derived from imported raw material industrial hemp is not a violation of the Controlled Substances Act (CSA); in fact, one Colorado law firm has published a written opinion making the case.
Your CBD Questions Answered
In an effort to educate the public about industrial hemp-derived CBD, CannaVest, one of the leading suppliers of CBD oil from seed to finished products, has committed to answering your questions about CBD oil. CannaVest and their portfolio companies specialize in providing the health and wellness benefits of products from industrial hemp plant. Their CBD Simple product contains greater than 99% CBD with less than one percent THC and is derived from all-natural hemp-based starting material. Each batch of CBD Simple is tested in-house as well as by third-party labs to conform to purity specifications, ensuring the product is free of pesticides, pathogens, heavy materials, and residual solvent contamination.
Whether you’re interested in learning how industrial hemp-derived CBD is made, how it helps patients, or what the future holds for CBD products, share your queries by leaving a comment and your questions will be addressed in future educational pieces about CBD oil. Your questions are important not just for your benefit, but to enrich the minds of patients all around the world. By spreading knowledge and information about cannabis, hemp, CBD, and other cannabinoids, we’re supporting safe growth of the cannabis industry while at the same time educating the masses about a misunderstood plant.
Without Further Ado, Let’s Hear Your Biggest Questions About CBD!
Simply leave a comment in this article, share your questions with Leafly via Facebook or Twitter, or email your questions to email@example.com and we’ll address your questions in future installments.
Here are some sample questions to get you started:
- What symptoms or conditions does CBD help ease?
- How much hemp is used to make CBD-rich hemp oil?
- What’s the legal status of hemp-derived CBD?
We’re looking forward to seeing your questions come in and are eager to enlighten you about CBD oil and hemp-derived CBD. Stay tuned!