Opening Day in Ontario: 10 Cannabis Stores Approved to Open
Ontario’s first crop of brick and mortar cannabis stores have been approved to open as of April 1. Ten retailers are the first to receive authorization from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
And, more stores are expected to open throughout the month.
In January, the AGCO granted just 25 licenses, via lottery, to would-be cannabis store operators. We’ve rounded up where to find the first stores approved to sell cannabis in Ontario, and which stores could open next.
Approved to Open as of April 1
- Brock Street Cannabis, 75 Brock St., Kingston
- Central Cannabis, 666 Wonderland Rd. N., #6B, London
- Fire & Flower Cannabis Co., 129 York St., Ottawa
- Ganjika House, 186 Main St. S., #190, Brampton
- Hobo Recreational Cannabis Store, 391 Bank St., Ottawa
- The Hunny Pot Cannabis Co., 202 Queen Street West, Toronto
- The Niagara Herbalist, 33 Lakeshore Rd., #15, St. Catherines
- RELM Cannabis Co., 4031 Fairview St., #103, Burlington, ON
- Spiritleaf, 27 Princess St., #101, Kingston
- Superette, 1306 Wellington St. W., #100, Ottawa
Expected to open on April 5
- Highlife, 1299 Marcus Dr., Sudbury
Expected to open on April 20
- Canna Cabana Hamilton, 1317 Barton St. E., Unit H09, Hamilton
- Canna Cabana Sudbury, 2019 Long Lake Rd., Unit B, Sudbury
- Hello Cannabis Store, 57 Cootes Dr., Hamilton
Expected to open before the end of April
- Choom Cannabis, 7555 Montrose Rd., #E3, Niagara Fall
- Ameri, 20 Cumberland St., Toronto
- Fabulous Leaf, 575 Laval Dr., #400, Oshawa
- J. London, 691 Richmond St., #5, London
- Nova Cannabis, 499 Queen St. W., Toronto
- SMOK, 20 Kingston Rd. W., #B003A, Ajax
- Tweed, 1025 Wellington Rd. #A-2, London
Despite the slow rollout, the provincial government has previously said that it will not cap the number of retail stores.
Until now, the only legal source for cannabis in the province has been online ordering through the government-run Ontario Cannabis Store.