Decorations are one of the best parts of the holiday season. In a time of cold weather and dwindling daylight, people come together to light up their towns with twinkling lights, luscious greenery, great food, and never-ending merriment. And of course, no holiday décor would be complete without mistletoe!
This year, we wanted to show you how to put a new spin on this holiday classic. Fill any room with the aroma of fresh cannabis and encourage kisses galore by following these simple instructions to make your own cannabis mistletoe!
- One sprig of mistletoe, fresh or faux
- Red ribbon
- Thin floral wire
- Cannabis flower, ideally 1 inch or longer, with visible stem
- Optional: Stick of holly berries
- Take your cannabis flower and match it up face-down to the mistletoe sprig. The stem should be near the top of the mistletoe, facing upward.
- Cut off 2-3 inches of floral wire, then tie the flower to the mistletoe by wrapping the wire around the cannabis stem. If you’re using holly berries, tie them in the same way.
- To make the hanger, cut another 6-8 inches of floral wire. Tie the end into a loop, then wrap each of the sides of floral wire around the top of the sprig.
- Cut 8-12 inches of ribbon (a little more or less, depending on how large you’d like the bow to be) and tie it into a bow around the top of the mistletoe sprig, covering the floral wire.
- Hang in a doorway and kiss away!