Cannabis-infused pizza sauce is a great way to medicate for a couple reasons:
- The infused ingredient (the pesto sauce) is only one of many distinct ingredients, which means muting the cannabis flavor is of less importance (compared to, say, guacamole, where the cannabis is infused throughout the entire dish).
- Pizza is great for sharing, and each slice should provide roughly the same dosage.
- The sky's the limit when it comes to toppings, which allows tailoring for almost any dietary preferences.
- Pizza, you say? Party!
Although you can infuse the classic tomato pizza sauce, pesto is preferred because its base is olive oil, an optimal medium for cannabis infusion.
Recipe for the "Besto Pesto" Cannabis Pizza
1 C Cannabis oil (recipe)
- 2 C basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 C parmesean cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Pizza dough, rolled and/or ready-made
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Goat cheese, crumbled
- Mozzarella, shredded
- Red peppers, diced
- Puree pesto ingredients with cannabis oil in a food processor. If the potency of the cannabis oil is on the high end, mix conventional oil and cannabis oil to make a whole cup.
- Spread pesto on rolled or pre-cooked pizza dough and top with your favorite flavors. We chose tomatoes, goat cheese, red peppers, and mozzarella.
- Cook pizza until browned on medium-low heat at a temperature less than 245 °F to avoid vaporizing the majority of the cannabinoids.
- Party on!