We all have that one friend who’s got a serious chicken nugget obsession. That friend is also me. Whether your freezer is packed with nugget bags, or it’s the only thing you order off a restaurant menu, chicken nuggets are a near necessity.
So I combined my love of nuggets—both floral and fowl—with these crispy bites of tender chicken. With the inclusion of my favorite medicated garlic aioli recipe, you’ll be floating up while getting down on a plate of this crowd-pleasing dish.
Medicated Garlic Aioli
Start to finish: 5 minutes
Yield: 2-3 Servings
Approximate dosage: 8mg THC per serving*
• ¼ cup Sous Weed olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves
• 1 large egg yolk
• 2 tsp lemon juice
• ½ tsp dijon mustard
• 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
• ½ tsp salt
- Add egg yolk, chopped garlic, and ½ tsp salt into a food processor.
- Blend on low and slowly drizzle in both medicated Sous Weed olive oil and vegetable oil until the mixture emulsifies and thickens.
- Once thick, blend in the lemon juice and dijon mustard.
- Blend until the aioli is a creamy, thick texture. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge for up to a week.
Start to finish: 20 minutes
Shop highly rated dispensaries near you
Showing you dispensaries near
Yield: 2-3 Servings
• 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into nugget rounds
• 1 cup AP flour
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
• 1 Tbsp onion powder
• 1 Tbsp garlic powder
• ½ tsp cracked black pepper
• 2 eggs
• 2 Tbsp water
• 2 cups breadcrumbs
• Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a bowl, stir together, flour, salt, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and cracked black pepper.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and water until uniform.
- In another bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
- Start by dredging a few chunks of chicken in the seasoned flour, then dunk into the egg wash before rolling in breadcrumbs. Shake off the excess and place on a tray while you work on the rest of the batch.
- In a small pot, fill about 2 inches of vegetable oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Slowly drop in a few pieces of chicken and use metal tongs to spread them out. Fry on one side for a minute before turning them over to brown on the other side. The chicken should be a golden brown, about 2-3 minutes in the oil.
- Remove the chicken and drain on a paper towel lined tray. Repeat until all nuggets are fried. Serve with the medicated garlic aioli.
Cannabis provided by Skunk Factory
*Note: The amounts of cannabis oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabis oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.