Ambrosia, the esteemed Southern summer fruit salad, is a true classic. This recipe is loved for its sweet and tangy tropical theme and textured goodness. Luckily for us, it’s one of the easiest recipes to make—and thus, one of the easiest to infuse with cannabis.
With only a handful of ingredients at play, and no baking necessary, ambrosia is a go-to dish whether you’re entertaining guests or contributing to a cannabis-friendly potluck. Furthermore, this recipe is easily scalable, since it contains equal parts of every ingredient (with the exception of the cannabis infused coconut oil, which should be modified based on tolerance, number of consumers, and desired potency).
The recipe contains a healthy portion of coconut shavings, so we recommend concocting your ambrosia with the medicated coconut oil recipe found here. That said, it can be modified to include any infused cooking oil or your cannabis tincture of choice—like we said, easy-peasy.
Start to finish: 3 hours 10 minutes (active: 10 minutes)
Yields: 6 servings
Approximate dosage: 3–5 milligrams per serving*
- 1 cup coconut shavings
- 1 cup mandarin orange slices
- 1 cup pineapple, diced into one-inch chunks
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cannabis-infused coconut oil*
- 6 mint springs, to garnish
- Make sure everything has been portioned (mise en place style), then incorporate all of the ingredients except the cannabis oil into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Carefully fold ingredients together with tongs until the mixture is homogenous and coated in sour cream.
- Distribute the cannabis coconut oil as evenly as possible over the fruit mixture, and use tongs to incorporate it thoroughly throughout the salad over the course of several minutes (understirring may result in variations in cannabis potency).
- Seal mixing bowl and store in refrigerator for 3–5 hours until cool and ready to serve.
- Serve chilled in small bowls with a mint sprig garnish.
*Note: The amount of cannabis coconut oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.