Beyond Cannabutter: Glazed and Infused Gingerbread Bundt CakeMonica LoDecember 17, 2017
Cannabis-Infused Gingerbread Bundt
Start to finish: 1 hour 15 minutes (active: 15 minutes)
Yields: 1 cake (8 servings)
Approximate dosage: 10mg per serving, or more if you infuse the cake (optional)*
• ½ cup rum
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• ½ gram kief, decarbed
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon ground ginger
• 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
• 2 ½ teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon nutmeg
• ½ teaspoon cloves, ground
• ½ teaspoon allspice
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ¾ cup butter, room temperature (sub with cannabutter for additional potency if you’d like)
• 1 ½ cups brown sugar
• 2 large eggs
• ⅔ cup molasses
• 1 cup hot water
1. Lightly grease a 10” bundt pan and preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. To make the cake, whisk all-purpose flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the butter (or cannabutter) and sugar until light and fluffy. Start adding eggs one at a time while beating. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl so that the mixture is uniform.
4. Once uniform, fold in the molasses with a spatula.
5. Begin adding flour slowly to the wet mixture and continue to fold with the spatula. Alternate with a splash of hot water before moving back to adding more flour. Continue until all flour and water have been incorporated into the batter.
6. Pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake for 30–35 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. To make the glaze, bring a small saucepan with the rum, sugar, kief, cinnamon, and ginger to a simmer over medium heat, about five minutes. Let the glaze thicken on low heat for another three minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
8. Remove cake from the oven and let it cool for 10–15 minutes before turning it out onto a rack.
9. Pour the glaze over the cake and let it seep in. Use a brush to get in the nooks and crannies. Let it cool before serving with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.