Whipping up a batch of homemade granola is surprisingly quick and easy. You even get the added benefit of controlling the amount of sugar and fun ingredient combinations to fit your exact taste.
I’m currently obsessed with dried sour cherries, but feel free to substitute with any of your favorite dried fruits, nuts, or seeds. This recipe has a large yield with a lighter dose, so it’s perfect for waking and baking or munching on throughout the day. Enjoy it as breakfast, for an on-the-go snack, or to spruce up a loaded açaí bowl.
Recipe: Coconut Cherry Granola
Start to finish: 40 minutes (active: 10 minutes)
Yield: 12 servings
Approximate dosage: 2–5mg THC per serving (depending on the potency in your infused olive oil)*
• 2 ¾ cup rolled oats, organic
• 1 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
• ⅓ cup chia seeds
• ⅓ cup pepitas, unsalted
• 1 tablespoon kosher salt
• ½ cup brown sugar
• ⅓ cup maple syrup, warmed in microwave
• ⅓ cup infused olive oil*
• ¾ cup dried sour cherries
- Preheat oven to 300ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the oats, chia seeds, coconut, pepitas, and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the brown sugar, warm maple syrup, and infused olive oil until uniform. Pour the mixture into the large mixing bowl and stir thoroughly until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the granola on the two baking sheets and bake for 25–30 minutes, checking every 10 minutes to stir. The granola should be a light golden brown and almost dry.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and toss with the dried sour cherries. Allow the granola to cool to room temperature—the granola will continue to harden as it cools down. Enjoy!
*Note: The amount of cannabis oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabis oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.