Get Elevated With 5 Mocktails Featuring Cannabis-Infused Sodas
Mixed drinks are both creative and delicious, and they can also be the latest addition to a cannabis enthusiast’s elevated repertoire. Infused sparkling sodas and waters are filling the market, making them the go-to element for swapping out alcohol with a refreshing dose of cannabis. The result? Canna-cocktails that will delight your senses as well as your taste buds.
Below, we crafted five cannabis infused “cocktails”—including a delectable sangria and blood orange basil spritzer—that you can mix for yourself or impress your guests.
Note: The following recipes can and should be modified to suit personal dosing needs. If you need to add less cannabis infused drink than what the recipe calls for, substitute with a similar flavored seltzer or plain seltzer water.
Blood Orange and Basil Mocktail Recipe
- Ruby red grapefruit juice
- Blood orange Keef Sparkling water
- 1 large basil leaf per drink
- Orange slices and basil leaves for garnish
- Using a muddler, add basil to the bottom of a sturdy glass along with half a glass of grapefruit juice and muddle until the basil’s fragrance is released.
- Add ice to the glass and fill the remaining space with blood orange Keef Sparkling water. Stir gently once to combine.
- Finally, using a toothpick, spear a basil leaf onto a slice of orange and garnish drink. Enjoy!
Strawberry Kiwi Kombucha Mocktail Recipe
- 1-part strawberry kombucha
- 1-part Newton’s Original Kiwi Strawberry Craft Soda
- Juice of half a kiwi
- 1 slice of kiwi for garnish
- Fill a tall glass with ice and pour one-part Newton’s kiwi strawberry soda followed by equal parts strawberry kombucha. Allow to foam slightly at the top.
- Squeeze the juice of one half of a kiwi into the drink. Stir gently once to combine.
- Peel remaining kiwi half, cut a slice, and affix it to the edge of your glass for garnish. Voila! Enjoy this bubbly drink that’s packed with probiotics and cannabinoids.
Grapefruit Ginger Spritzer Recipe
- 1-part ginger ale
- 1-part Sprig sparkling citrus drink
- Juice of a quarter of a grapefruit
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Fill a tall glass with ice and squeeze the quarter of a grapefruit over top.
- Fill the remaining glass with one-part ginger ale and one-part Sprig sparkling citrus drink.
- Garnish with mint leaves and a slice of grapefruit. Enjoy this invigorating citrus mocktail with a ginger bite!
Sangria Spritzer Recipe
- 3 cups white grape juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 ½ cans Newton’s Original Lemon Lime Craft Soda
- ½ cup Granny Smith apples
- ½ cup honeycrisp apples
- ½ orange
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ½ cup strawberries
- Begin by cutting the fruit and adding it to the pitcher.
- Add the juices and Newton’s Original Lemon Lime Soda to the pitcher.
- Refrigerate for two hours and then serve over ice—make sure to get some fruit chunks in everyone’s glass!
Cranberry Lime Mocktail Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cranberry simple syrup (you can either purchase pre-made syrup or make your own cranberry simple syrup at home.)
- Newton’s Original Lemon Lime Craft Soda
- Frozen cranberries
- 1 lime for garnish
- Fill a tall glass halfway with ice and a small handful of frozen cranberries.
- Add two tablespoons of cranberry simple syrup and top off the remainder with Newton’s lemon lime soda.
- The soda will sit on top of the cranberry syrup, creating a perfect picturesque mocktail before mixing to combine flavors. Add a twist of lime to the glass for garnish.