Cannabis Flower Crowns: The Perfect DIY Smokeable Accessory
Hannah MeadowsMay 18, 2017
Whether you’re planning to spend your summer weekends at festivals, weddings, or a combination of the two, there’s one accessory you need above all else—flower crowns, of course! These beautiful floral haloes embrace and enhance natural beauty, making them a perfect addition to any bridal party or music event.
A crown of your favorite blossoms is lovely, but a crown that also showcases your favorite strain
is even better. Coachella agrees—the fashion-forward music festival was dotted with this hot new headwear trend sparked in large part by California-based Lowell Herb Co.
, which ran a special offer on canna-crowns in advance of the fest.
Below, we show you how to make an herb-accented version of the classic flower crown. The best part? Your cannabis will be right at your fingertips wherever you go—simply pop off a bud without losing the aesthetic of the accessory.
Have you ever worked cannabis buds into your bouquets or flower crown creations? Tell us about it or drop your pictures in the comments below!
DIY: How to Make a Cannabis Flower Crown
Tip: We stopped by the iconic Pike Place Market in Seattle to pick up two fresh bouquets, then headed to our local florist to nab the rest of our items (save the cannabis). We recommend visiting your local farmer’s market for some seasonal blooms.
- Measure the floral wire around your head so that it will be big enough to fit, with 1–2 spare inches on either end for wrapping. Cut wire.
- Form your wire into a halo, wrapping the two ends together with floral tape.
- Continue wrapping the tape around the entire crown (this adds a more natural feel and makes it easier to tape your flowers). Set aside.
- Cut the flower stems long enough to tape, but short enough to arrange on the crown (we recommend stems range from 1-2 inches in length).
- Begin taping the stems to the crown whichever way your heart desires.
- Continue adding flowers and buds until you’re satisfied with your creation (and don’t forget to snap an Instagram pic).
Tip: Cannabis buds are a bit difficult to tape down due to their short stems. We recommend shaving off the bottom leaves of a cannabis bud in order to free up space on the stem. This will make the cannabis easier to work into your flower crown.
Now that your crown is finished, you’re ready for the big event, whether that be your own wedding or a chill night with friends in the backyard. Have fun!