Recipe: The Ultimate Cannabis-Infused Pumpkin Spice LatteHannah MeadowsSeptember 11, 2017
Inspired by The Kitchn’s delectable homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe, this cozy coffee drink melds honey-ginger cannabis syrup with rich hot coffee and warm pumpkin flavors. Grab a friend, whip up a pair of PSLs, and sink into the comfort of fall with an elevated touch.
Bonus: If you’re in Washington, California, or Nevada, hunt down Caviar Gold‘s pumpkin spice pre-roll—the Cavi Cone in Pumpkin Spice—and spark one up alongside your latte for the ultimate fall wake and bake.
Cannabis-Infused Pumpkin Spice Latte
Start to finish: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Approximate dosage: 16mg per serving
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cannabis-infused honey ginger simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk (sub with 0–2% milk for a low-cal option)
- ½ cup coffee, brewed at double strength
- Heat the pumpkin and spices in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add black pepper and cook for two minutes or until hot, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Whisk in the milk and vanilla extract and let warm over medium heat, watching carefully to ensure mixture doesn’t boil over.
- Remove from heat. Add cannabis-infused simple syrup immediately and stir thoroughly until syrup has warmed and integrated with the mixture.
- Add milk mixture to blender and blend until frothy.
- Brew coffee at double strength and divide between two mugs, then add the frothed milk. Top with whipped cream if desired and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and/or nutmeg. Enjoy with a friend!
Pro Tip: Replace the brewed coffee with 1–3 shots of espresso, if you have a home espresso maker, for a more authentic latte.