Recipe: Cannabis-Infused Gelt
Start to finish: 30 minutes (active: 15 minutes)
Yield: 24 coins
Approximate dosage: 8mg THC per coin*
- 5 pieces (200mg) of Satori Dark Chocolate Bar
- 1 non-infused dark chocolate bar of your choice (we recommend Green & Black’s 70% Dark Chocolate Bar)
- 2 mini-muffin pans
- Gold or silver foil
- Chop the Satori chocolate pieces and non-infused dark chocolate bar into small, thin pieces.
- Place chocolate in the top of a double boiler over gently simmering water, keeping the temperature low. Be sure to prevent moisture, either from water or stream, from reaching the chocolate. Stir slowly.
- While chocolate is melting, set aside two mini-muffin pans. (You should have room to make a total of 24 coins between them.)
- When the chocolate is fully melted, remove from heat and drop equal-sized spoonfuls of chocolate into the bottom of each muffin cavity. Knock the muffin tins against a hard surface until the chocolate has leveled out across the bottom of the tins.
- Place tins in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes, or until the chocolate has fully cooled and set.
- Once the coins are solidified, turn the pans upside down over a clean surface and flex the pans until the coins fall out. (If they are stuck, try knocking the back of the tin.)
- Wrap each chocolate disc in gold or silver foil individually to replicate the appearance of coins.
- Set aside in a secure location, and bring them out after the kids have gone to bed for an exciting adult game of dreidel.
*Note: The amount of cannabis product specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your products and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Lead image: LPETTET/iStock