Recipe: Infused Soy Braised Mushroom Noodles
Cannabis product: GanjaEats Soy Sauce*
Start to finish: 1 hour
Yield: 6 servings
Approximate dosage: 10mg THC per serving
- 1 ½ pounds wheat noodles
- 6 large shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup beech mushrooms
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 ½ tablespoons standard soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons GanjaEats Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Rinse off the assorted mushrooms and drain in a colander. Complete prep work by chopping the scallions and shallots.
- Using a wok or similar pan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat and add the shallots and half of the scallions. Cook for two minutes and then turn the heat to high and add all of the mushroom varieties. Be sure to spread the mixture evenly along the bottom of the wok.
- Allow to cook on high heat without stirring, until the mushrooms have caramelized, then flip them and cook on the opposite side. All the moisture in the pan should cook off by the end of this process.
- Reduce heat back to medium temperature and add the standard soy sauce and GanjaEats Soy Sauce to the pan. Add the sugar and 2 ½ cups of water. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- While the mixture is simmering, cook the wheat noodles according to package instructions, then strain and set to the side.
- After 15-20 minutes of braising, the mushroom mixture will have developed a good amount of sauce. Add the cooked noodles, the remaining scallions, and the sesame oil. Add salt to taste, and then toss to thoroughly coat. Serve with your choice of hot sauce or chili oil.
*Note: The amount of cannabis product specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your products and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Lead image by tycoon751/iStock