Jammed-packed with nutritious veggies and bold flavor, this cannabis-infused, quinoa-stuffed eggplant will be your go-to dish on busy nights. Light up the bold hybrid AK-47 along with this recipe—its earthy aroma will complement a serving of hearty quinoa.
Recipe: Infused Quinoa-Stuffed Tahini Eggplant
Cannabis product: Cook Your Own Cannabis Olive Oil*
Start to finish: 35 mins
Yield: 2 servings
Approximate dosage: 5mg THC per serving
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 cup button mushrooms, chopped
- 6 whole plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato juice (leftover from chopped tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Cook Your Own Cannabis Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup vegan tahini sauce of choice
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and scoop out enough flesh to create a boat for the stuffing. Place the halves on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of Cook Your Own Cannabis Olive Oil and a pinch of salt. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- With the eggplant baking, add the remaining Cook Your Own Cannabis Olive Oil to a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the shallots and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are soft. Then add the tomatoes, quinoa, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook until moisture has evaporated.
- When the eggplant has finished baking, remove it from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350˚F. Stuff each half of the eggplant with the quinoa mixture from the skillet and return to the oven. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle vegan tahini sauce over the eggplant halves, dividing between them. Garnish with more fresh parsley and a wedge of lemon.
*Note: The amount of cannabis product specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your products and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Lead image by Rocky89/iStock