Sunday brunch is a religious experience in my household. Whether I’m heading out for bottomless mimosas with friends or staying in for breakfast-in-bed, brunch becomes its own special event. One of my favorite dishes to celebrate a lazy morning? Eggs Benedict.
Eggs Benedict is one of those Instagram-worthy brunch items that looks daunting but is actually super simple to make. There’s no need to toil for hours over a hot stove—this dish will come together in less than 30 minutes if you have your canna-butter ready. For a perfect Sunday morning wake-and-bake, infused eggs Benedict will take your brunch game to the next level.
Recipe: Eggs Benedict with Hollandazed Sauce
Start to finish: 15-20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Approximate dosage: 10mg THC serving*
Ingredients for Hollandazed Sauce
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp canna-butter, melted and warm
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted and warm
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Eggs Benedict
- 2 English muffins, halved and toasted
- 4 pieces of bacon, ham, or veggie of your choice
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ Tbsp chives, chopped
- Place your protein or veggie of choice on each half toasted English muffin.
- Boil a small pot of water and add salt and vinegar. Place a ladle into the boiling water and crack an egg into it. Turn the heat down to medium. The eggs will coagulate in the vinegar water.
- After 3 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and gently place on top of protein or veggie.
- Blend egg yolk, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a blender on high for 20 seconds. Then slowly start drizzling melted butter and canna-butter in a thin stream until fully incorporated.
- Once the sauce is thick and creamy, gently spoon over eggs, garnish with chives, and serve immediately.
*Note: The amount of cannabutter specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your butter and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.