Recipe: Cannabis-Infused Chocolate Truffles With 3 Flavoring Options
Whip up a batch or two … or all three (we won’t judge) of these luscious chocolate
truffles infused with smooth cannabis butter
and your choice of three different filling options. Each recipe contains unique yet delectable ingredients so you can elevate while sinking into the luscious flavor possibilities of cocoa and cream.
Cannabis-Infused Chocolate Truffles With 3 Filling Options
Start to Finish: 4 hours 20 minutes (active: 20 minutes)
Yields: 15 truffles
Approximate Dosage: 20mg THC per truffle*
Ingredients for Truffle Base
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ⅔ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup cannabis butter
Makes enough for one batch of truffles; double or triple the recipe to make two or all three of the versions below.
Mexican Chocolate Truffles
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
Turkish Coffee Truffles
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- ⅔ cup pistachios, chopped finely
Chinese 5-Spice truffles
- ½ teaspoon Chinese 5-Spice powder
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- ⅔ cup confectioner’s sugar
- To make the truffle base, combine the chocolate and butter in a large bowl. Bring the whipping cream to a boil over medium heat, then remove from heat and pour directly over the chocolate and butter. Stir until both are thoroughly combined and melted, and a smooth consistency is reached.
- Combine the filling ingredients of your choice in a small bowl and stir until evenly mixed.
- Add filling ingredients to chocolate and pour the mixture into a container, making sure the mixture is poured at least three centimeters deep. Refrigerate for four hours.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out individual balls of chocolate. Shape by rolling between your palms if needed.
- Roll in the coating ingredient and store in a covered container.
This recipe was developed in partnership with Tilray
. Tilray and Leafly are both owned by Privateer Holdings.
*Note: The amount of cannabis butter specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabutter and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here
to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Lifestyle Is It Even Possible to Smoke $40,000 of Weed in a Month?
Lifestyle 7 Relaxing Cannabis Strains for Camping
Industry Gene Simmons Leaves Role at Canadian Cannabis Company