Recipe: Bring the Heat With These Spicy Infused Chicken WingsHannah MeadowsJanuary 30, 2017
I stumbled upon this recipe a couple of weeks back when my friend, Stephen Wilson, revealed one of his tried and true infused dishes, and what a perfect time of year to divulge in his extra-easy and delicious spicy infused chicken wings. He graciously opened his doors to us in order to pass on this delectable recipe to the rest of the world. It’s an excellent addition to any party (or even just a night on the couch). You can expect a light and sweet cannabis flavor that is complemented by a touch of heat without overwhelming the palate.
Recipe for Cannabis-Infused Spicy Chicken Wings
Yields: 12-14 Pieces of Chicken
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Time in Kitchen: 45 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Dash black pepper
- Dash cumin
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Original Hot Sauce
- 1 pound chicken
- 1/3 cup cannabutter
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Original Hot Sauce (separate from above)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sift all dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Fold chicken into seasoning mix and place on lightly greased pan.
- Mix together 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot in small bowl and dunk pieces of chicken into the mixture before replacing on pan.
- Place chicken in oven, turning over once after 15 minutes.
- Mix together 1/3 cup melted cannabutter and 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot and heat – set aside.
- Once chicken is out of the oven, drizzle cannabutter mixture over chicken wings.
- Serve hot! Pairs well with bleu cheese or ranch dressing.
Stephen’s tips for an even better chicken wing experience:
- Dry your chicken on a paper towel before covering in seasoning mix – the flour coating will stick much better to dried chicken.
- Drop in a little buffalo sauce for added flavor!
- Grab two pounds of chicken and set one pound aside (following all directions sans cannabutter) for a round of extra munchies.
Note: The amount of cannabis butter specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabutter and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky, so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.