These five mocktail recipes are adapted from traditional cocktails, replacing alcohol with cannabis tinctures. Each of these delicious beverages is easy, relatively quick to prepare, and will carry you into the new year with a blissful smile.
As always, please be sure to dose responsibly!
Champagne is the traditional drink of New Year’s. While true champagne is a sparkling wine produced from grapes grown in the champagne region of France, this recipe is a formidable substitute in both flavor and potency for the cannabis connoisseur.
- Combine ½ cup lemon lime soda and ½ cup soda water with ¼ ounce simple syrup (simple syrup is 1 part sugar and 1 part water)
- Add 1 pull of tincture (preferably glycerin-based)
- Optional: For those who don’t mind a spot of alcohol, add 3 dashes of bitters
- Mix and serve
2. Hot Toddy
This hot Irish classic will keep you toasty throughout the cold winter night. Traditionally made with whiskey, our infused adaptation retains the sweetness of the original drink with a canna-twist.
- Heat 1-2 cups of hot liquid cider (on the stove or in the microwave) until boiling
- Add 1/4 ounce honey and 1 pull of tincture (preferably alcohol-based) to the mix
- Garnish with 1 cinnamon stick, 1 lemon wedge, and serve
Ring in 2015 with a Cuban twist! Though the mojito isn’t a traditional New Year’s drink, you’ll hardly care when sipping on this scrumptious minty treat.
- Muddle mint by adding a spoonful of sugar, a squeeze of fresh lime, and a few fresh mint leaves to a thick-rimmed glass using either a muddler or the end of a rolling pin, then crush until the scent of mint is released
- Fill the glass with ice
- Pour ½ cup lemon lime soda and ½ cup soda water to the glass, followed by ½ ounce of simple syrup and 1 pull of tincture (preferably glycerin-based)
- Stir to taste, adding more sugar or lime juice if desired
- Garnish with a slice of lime, a sprig of mint, and serve
Punch is a mainstay at any holiday party. Whether you’re making a large batch for the whole soirée or a smaller batch for just you*, this tasty fruit drink is just what you need to ring in the New Year.
*Recipe below makes 1-3 servings. Scale up proportionately for larger volumes.
- In a large glass or jug, mix ½ cup pomegranate juice, 1 cup tangerine juice, and 2 cups cranberry-juice cocktail
- Add 1 cup lemon lime soda and 1 cup soda water
- Mix in 1-2 pulls of tincture (glycerin preferred)
- Optional: Garnish drink with fresh fruit and mint
- Mix and serve
5. Strawberry Peach Sangria
For those with a sweet tooth, this strawberry peach sangria infusion is sure to please.
- Combine 1 cup lemon lime soda with 1 cup of soda water
- Add fresh strawberries, ¼ cup of sugar, 2 to 3 cans of sparkling mango lemonade, and 1 pull of tincture
- Let it chill for two hours
- Garnish glass with 1-3 strawberries and 1 lime wedge when ready to serve
Happy New Year, everyone!