Recipe: Chicken Burrito Bowl With Infused Sriracha-Ranch
Start to finish: 15 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup drained and rinsed cooked black beans
- 1 pkg, frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 cooked chicken breasts or thighs cut, in chunks
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, cut in chunks and tossed with lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional ingredients: cilantro, jalapeño, lime wedges
Infused Sriracha-Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons srirhacha
- 4-6 teaspoons canna-oil*
- Place four bowls on your work surface. Divide the rice between the four bowls.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet. Sauté the beans and corn for 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and cumin. Cool.
- Divide the remaining ingredients between the four bowls. (Personally, I like to sprinkle the cheese over the whole bowl, but this is your call.)
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing, sriracha, and the canna-oil. Drizzle generously.
*Note: The amounts of cannabis oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabis oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Lead image: Courtesy of Bruce Wolf