A simple package of ramen needs no directions, but I have ramped up the ingredients and added a little canna-love. Bonus: If you’re low on time, Trader Joe’s has pre-cooked pork belly that might change your world.
Recipe: Cannabis-Infused Pork Belly Ramen
Start to finish: 10–15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 packages ramen noodles
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 12 snap peas, halved
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 2 soft boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 4-6 ounces pork belly, cooked and sliced
- ¼ cup sprouts
- Cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons canna-oil*
- Open the packages of ramen and remove the flavor packet. Add 5 cups of water or stock to a medium size saucepot and bring to a boil.
- Add the noodles, flavor packet, scallion and snap peas to the pot and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and cook an additional minute.
- Pour the soup into 4 bowls, and top with the egg, pork belly, sprouts, cilantro and oils.
*Note: The amounts of cannabis oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabis oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Lead image: Courtesy of Bruce Wolf