A no-fuss and fabulous foray into the 420-culinary world, this dish is all flavor without the hours of work. Crunchy coconut and tender shrimp combine for a one-pan meal that is as delicious as it is elevating.
Recipe: Cannabis-Infused Coconut Roasted Citrus Shrimp
Start to finish: 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons canna-oil or butter*
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced in long strips
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- Sprigs of fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, cleaned and peeled
- Heat oven to 340°F
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the shrimp. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, the lemon and coconut will gently brown.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and stir to coat. Bake for 5-7 minutes, until shrimp turn pink. Toss again before serving.
*Note: The amounts of cannabis oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabis oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Lead image: Courtesy of Bruce Wolf