Looking for something quick and easy? Simply pick up a box of your favorite frozen mini-pancakes from the closest market and combine your canna-butter* with syrup, then simply pour like the 420 champ you are.
Recipe: Mini Canna-Pancakes
Start to finish: 10–15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (makes 40 mini pancakes total)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1¼ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1–2 tablespoons canna-butter*, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ cup raspberries
- ⅓ cup syrup*
- Place the oil in a griddle or non-stick pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl whisk together the milk, melted butters, and egg.
- Gently pour the milk mixture into the dry; mixing until dry ingredients are moistened—some lumps are fine.
- Heat the pan to medium. Using a tablespoon, pour the batter onto the pan. You can do a few at the same time; just allow room to use a spatula to flip the pancakes. The pancakes will bubble and tiny holes will form on the top of the pancake, signaling time to flip to the other side. Pancakes should take about two minutes per side.
- Pile the pancakes on a platter and top with sliced banana and berries and a drizzle of syrup.
*Note: The amounts of cannabis butter specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabis butter and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Lead image: Courtesy of Bruce Wolf