Try These Cannabis-Infused Fall Punch Recipes That Use Fruity StrainsBrett KonenSeptember 20, 2016
The following autumnal drink recipes are adapted to accommodate the addition of cannabis tinctures. While any infused tincture you have on hand will do, we’ve recommended a few specific strains whose terpenes amplify each elixir. If you don’t have any tinctures handy, you can make your own, or check the menus of your favorite local dispensaries to find a place where you can pick one up.
Mix up a batch of one of the following, pop the pitcher in your fridge, and enjoy an extra-chill punch at your leisure. Cheers to fall!
Sparkling Sativa-Pear Punch
This pretty pink punch is ideal for the last few semi-sunny fall afternoons on the patio or porch. Whether you’re expecting company or cozied up on your own, keep plenty on hand so you’re ready whenever autumn calls for something to sip.
- 2 parts pear nectar or pear juice
- 2 parts Prosecco (make this a non-alcoholic punch with sparkling cider or lemon-lime soda)
- 1 part cranberry juice
- 10 mg-worth of cannabis tincture (suggested strains: sweet Candy Jack, tart Vortex, or floral Alice in Wonderland)
- Garnish: pear slice and/or freshly grated nutmeg
Adapted from Sparking Pear-Prosecco Punch by Delish.
This fruity pomegranate-grapefruit concoction marries your cannabis tincture with bright citrus notes and deep dark pomegranate colors and characteristics. It’s bold, beautiful, and guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
- 2 parts pomegranate juice
- 1 part grapefruit vodka (try Deep Eddy, Smirnoff, or Absolut – or omit the alcohol by subbing in soda water)
- 1 part fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
- 10 mg-worth of cannabis tincture (suggested strains: fruit-punchy Dream Berry, grapefruit-orangey Citrix, or the descriptively-named Grapefruit)
- Garnish: pomegranate seeds or a grapefruit wheel
Adapted from Pomegranate Grapefruit Punch by A Simple Pantry.
Autumn Apple Indica Punch
This non-alcoholic apple punch is bona-fide fall in a glass: at once crisp, cool, juicy, and refreshing, it’s ratcheted up a notch by the addition of an indica-infused tincture. What better way to melt seasonal stress away?
- 3 parts apple cider
- 2 parts cranberry juice
- 1 part ginger beer
- 10 mg-worth of cannabis tincture (suggested strains: apple-vanilla Butter OG, honeyed Cream Caramel, or rich, sweet Love Potion #9)
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Garnish: fresh cranberries and a cinnamon stick
Adapted from Apple Orchard Punch by Allrecipes.
Note: Always imbibe both cannabis and alcohol responsibly, and never drive after consuming either. When in doubt on the potency of your tincture, start with a small amount and work up – you can always add more, but you can’t add less.