Exciting news comes from one of Leafly’s sister companies today, as Marley Natural, the official Bob Marley cannabis brand, launches its collection of premium cannabis, pre-rolls, oils, lifestyle accessories, and body care products in Oregon on August 24, 2016. The products, ranging from the brand’s all-natural, sun-grown cannabis flower to pipes and other lifestyle pieces, will be available at all Serra and Nectar dispensaries in and around Portland and Eugene.
Marley Natural’s product lines include:
- Four categories of all-natural, locally-sourced, sun-grown cannabis flower, pre-rolls, and oils;
- Marley Green features hybrid strains recommended for people beginning their journey with Marley Natural. These strains have balanced levels of THC that combine the cerebral high of sativa with the physical relaxation of indica. Marley Green strains are appropriate for anytime use.
- Marley Gold features sativa strains that offer energetic, uplifting effects that may produce a more cerebral experience compared to other cannabis strains. These strains are appropriate for daytime use.
- Marley Red features CBD-rich strains that combine CBD and THC in a beneficial ratio. CBD-rich cannabis is frequently reported to provide patients and consumers with anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and anti-anxiety properties without the psychoactive effects of strains high in THC. Marley Red strains are appropriate for anytime use.
- Marley Black features indica strains recommended for connoisseurs seeking a more physical, full-body experience. These strains are high in THC and appropriate for nighttime use.
- Body care products infused with cold-pressed hemp seed oil and blended with other natural Jamaican botanicals;
- A collection of smoking accessories made from sustainably grown American black walnut wood and heat-resistant, hand-blown glass. True to the Marley Natural brand, this heritage-driven line offers display-worthy pieces that enrich the experience of tasting nature’s finest.
All Marley Natural products are designed with deep respect for Bob Marley’s legacy and belief in the positive potential of the herb to heal and inspire us. “We are fortunate to be living during a promising time of positive change, especially with regard to cannabis and how people understand it. My father would be so happy to see so many people appreciating the natural, healing power of the herb,” said Cedella Marley, Bob’s daughter.
Marley Natural launched its cannabis line in Los Angeles on February 6, 2016—Bob’s seventy-first birthday. In addition to Oregon, Marley Natural’s cannabis is currently available in dispensaries across Northern and Southern California. The lifestyle accessories and body care products are available nationwide at specialty retailers, as well as online. By the end of 2016, Marley Natural cannabis products will also be available in Washington state.