Find cannabis dispensaries in Colorado
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, both recreational and medical marijuana is legal in Colorado. Get more information on Colorado marijuana laws in Leafly's Legalization hub.
- You must be 21 or older to purchase recreational marijuana in Colorado.
- Colorado does not accept out-of-state medical marijuana cards, but any adult 21+ can purchase cannabis with valid ID.
- Yes, possession of small amounts of weed has been decriminalized in Colorado.
- Colorado consumers can purchase up to one ounce of marijuana at a time at a dispensary.
- Recreational weed was legalized in Colorado in 2012. Medical marijuana was legalized in 2000.
- Colorado weed prices vary by location, strain and other factors, but overall you can expect to pay between $100-200 per ounce.
- If you are over 21 and do not have a driver's license, you can use another valid government ID, such as a passport to buy weed in Colorado.
- Medical marijuana is legal for patients age 18 or older in Colorado. Those under 18 must have legal authorization from a parent or guardian.